Sunday

SUNDAY SENTIMENTS - IS YOUR FLOCK SCATTERED?


“For the shepherds have become stupid and have not sought the LORD; therefore they have not prospered, and all their flock is scattered.” Jeremiah 10:21(NASB)

This verse really hits me, because I have had times of being guilty like those shepherds – times where I got too caught up in doing my own thing to seek God or pay attention to the little things.

It’s interesting to me that not only does it say they didn’t prosper, but their flock was scattered, as well. I would equate that in todays terms to having chaos at our jobs, in our finances, and/or in other areas of our lives.

Today's Sunday Sentiments Post is a reminder to take the time to Glorify God with your life, your mouth, your actions, your finances and you can do no wrong!

For instance, I'm really big on being organized. This includes being accountable for every dollar I spend and basically I feel responsible to God for every possession big or small...after all, if you cannot take care of the little things, how can you be trusted with bigger things? ("Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things" Matthew 25:23)

If we have goals and plans to achieve bigger things, have bigger and/or greater things, I fully believe we must be held accountable for how we handle the smaller things. This is most definately one of my core values.

Think about it...say your house is full of clutter you haven't had time to organize lately and it's in constant state of disarray...you might justify this by saying that you need a bigger house! (With 7 in mine, extremely squeezed into a townehome, I understand!) But logically, if you can't keep the smaller one in order, how on earth will you manage to keep a bigger home with bigger messes in order? This scripture just makes sense to me! It's really common sense!

My husband and I were just out riding the other day and so saddened by the houses that have apparently been abandoned and are literally rotting to the ground. I'm sure there can be many reasons for that, but for someone that has been saving and planning to buy a home for a while, you just wonder how anyone could own something and let it go to such waste!

Then we passed by a home that looked abandoned but actually wasn't! My son thought they were having a yard sale! LOL They weren't...that was just the "junk" in their yard! All I could say is that they must have wanted that to be their last house in this life. Because if you can't take care of what you've got, it's unlikely you'll get blessed with something greater!

Below are a few of my favorite scriptures, especially when I am "still" awaiting progress toward a goal (like buying a house!) I hope that you will be blessed by them, as well!

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." Romans 8:25 (NIV)

“Keep the charge of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His ordinances, and His testimonies, according to what is written in the Law of Moses, that you may succeed in all that you do and wherever you turn” 1 Kings 2:3 (NASB)

"But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." Matthew 6:33

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. Heb. 10:23

"For by You I can run against a troop, By my God I can leap over a wall." (salm 18:29
WendyLittle_FrugalFabulousFinds
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment