Monday

Monday's Money Maker Tips - I've Replaced my Day Job Paycheck with Online Income !


The results are in! In January of 2010, I began putting more effort into my extra money making ventures to see just how close I could get to replacing the income that I was making with my "real world" job. Many of you know that I took medical leave to have some oral surgery that I am still in the midst of and have at least another 4-6 weeks before it's all completed and I'm healed and back to normal. (Yes, it's taking way longer than I planned, but that is a whole other post!)

I took advantage of my newly found "downtime" and began utilizing all the extra money makers that I've piddled with from time to time. Ebay, Amazon, a flea market booth, paid emails, surveys...you name it, I've tried it all! So, I focused on the ones that have actually worked for me and that I'd actually received a check from, and the results are in !

After a very tedious detailing of payouts from each of these avenues for the entire month of March, I've discovered that I actually exceeded my average paycheck when working! WOOHOO!
It's harder to see on a daily basis, because it may come in $5 here and $10 there, so I made a point to keep a log of each and every payment I received for the entire month of March.

Those of you that have followed my Monday's Money Maker Tip posts, know that I've explained them in detail along with my tips to actually make them work for you and skip on all the spam and time stealing things that get you sidetracked and don't pay! You can search the blog here for all my previous posts.

So, this Monday's Money Maker Tips is yet another compilation of all of the Frugal Fabulous Finds Tried and True Money Makers!These are the best of the best, the ones that I have tried and actually been paid out from. I hope you'll find something that works for you as well, and remember, none of them will allow you to quit your day job tomorrow. But, I have found that my own combination of those that work best for me and a little extra time and effort on my part can and have produced a dependable amount of extra money. Combine that with a very detailed and strict budget and major couponing and saving practices and you're well on your way!

I've listed my top Money Makers in order based my on favorites - those that make me the most $$, from the top producing, down to the smallest.


  • Survey Savvy
  • Panda Research
  • Toluna Surveys & Polls
  • Vindale Research
  • Valued Opinions


  • And last but not definately NOT least, I have to include SWAGBUCKS because I've been redeeming all my SwagBucks for Cash Money into my Paypal Account or for Amazon Gift Cards! This turned that rewards program into a great Money Maker for me! Of course, you can still always redeem your Swagbucks for other things (like the 3 FREE Shirts I got last month!) but I decided to turn it all into Cash and add it to my list of money makers!

    Here's to making money from home while you are still in your PJ's !!! That's my favorite perk of all :)
    WendyKohn_FrugalFabulousFinds

    10 comments:

    1. Wow! Great post. I'm off to look at some of your top money makers. I would love to quit my day job, but I know that is just a pipe dream...too bad some of those didn't offer medical benefits :( However, extra money is ALWAYS a good thing.

      Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. LOL about the medical benefits, Deb! That is the downside for sure! Thanks for the post and visit!

      Wendy

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love Swagbucks! My Father's day is all payed for becasue of them. You should post your referal code here so people can sign up with you to check it out.

      ReplyDelete
    4. That is AWESOME! I have wondered how much I could actually do if I really focused on every online opportunity. i am glad that you are finding a way to meet what you had before (and when you go back it can be extra!)

      ReplyDelete
    5. thanks for the tips! I just tried to sign up for Nielsen, and after I give them ALL of my info, then they say that don't have one available in my area but I can sign up at another link to be put on their reserve list. So..... what did I just sign up for then? Very pointless, lol. Otherwise, great list and thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hey Shay!
      Thanks for the comment:) I and many others have decided that that is the "standard response" from Nielson. Many others that got that also got an email within a week or received their scanners in the mail within a week! They do limit the amount of users per area (only so many per area needed) but they did just re-set those limits, so it's likely you'll get yours! Others that said they were on a waiting list didn't have to wait too long:D
      Thanks again!
      Wendy

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi. I enjoyed reading your article. I actually live in Gastonia, NC not too far from you. I quit my job one year ago this month because I was making more money online with eBay and paid surveys, like some of the things you suggested, than I was making at my regular job.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Sounds great. So if I am understanding all this correctly, you have to report all this income to the tax man correct?

      ReplyDelete
    9. Yes, that would take an entirely different post, but I file as a home based business which allows you many deductions for having an office at home, you report your gross income from the various sources as well as your expenses. For me it's quite difficult as I have so many avenues of income from home, but well worth it. Closer to tax time I'll do a series of posts on how to do your taxes yourself and benefits of running a home based business.
      Wendy

      ReplyDelete
    10. One more thing-just to clarify, especially if you are just starting to earn an income from home. You are only required to report earnings from each company that you have made over $600 with - then you are considered an independent contractor. Some larger companies will issue you a 1099, otherwise you are supposed to report it when you file. :D
      Wendy

      ReplyDelete