Wednesday

STORE COUPON POLICIES and why you should print them! - Thoughts for Thursday



By now, if you've been couponing long at all, you've probably experienced it. And if you're new, you will soon, or hopefully this will help!

You have your items arranged, you've sorted and compared and get to the register with your coupons in hand. You see the look on the cashiers face when she notices your rather large stack of coupons. She takes them and begins scanning.

Ever notice how some cashiers will "appear" to read every single thing on each and every coupon, as if they are waiting to find one that is expired or one that you cannot use? Maybe it's just me...maybe because I live in a small town and they are not as used to the coupon divas, *grin*, I don't know what it is! But there is a definate attitude among the majority. I will say that there are a few that are an absolute blessing and I feel that sense of relief when I see that they are working. I've gotten to know them and they are so very helpful. I've even had them take coupons "out" of a product to use at that moment that I would not have known/seen until I got home. So, yes, there are a few angels among us! But then you get those that have some sort of opinion about a person that uses coupons.

Like, really ? My opinion is that no matter how much money I have or make, I will be a better money manager and use my money more wisely, be accountable for every cent that God entrusts to me...why spend it when I don't have to? So, I hold my head high and pay no attention to the people gathering in the line behind me because the snobby cashier is taking way too long, so that she can let me know that I am annoying her with my coupons:)

So, after that rambling...LOL...my point is, if you are really determined to spend your money more wisely and use coupons to do that, then you first have got to get a backbone! Know that you are the wise one in the bunch and who cares what the cashier or other shoppers in line think. And secondly, "arm" yourself for the battle!

What battle? The one between you and the cash register. Making sure that you get every single discount that you are able to get.

Example: Today during my weekly RiteAid savings trip, the cashier refused 3 of my coupons, saying that I could not use them because I had already used coupons for those items. I explained exactly to her that by purchasing the multiple items with the bogo sale and then using and instore Q and a mfg Q, I was still able to use those coupons she said I could not. Well, I didn't budge. I pulled out my coupon binder where I had my printed copy of the RiteAid Store Coupon Policy. The policy clearly stated that 2 manufacturer coupons could be used if one was from their circular, that it could be combined with an instore coupon and also that multiple identical coupons were acceptable. She still refused to scan the coupons. So I asked to speak to the manager. I explained it to him, I showed him their own stores policy, he read it out loud to her and then he scanned my coupons!

So, had I not been armed with their coupon policy, I would've lost out on some major savings today.

Not only should we be wise in our spending, but be wise by knowing your stuff! If you are passionate about couponing and saving your families money, then you will do yourself a favor by printing and storing your store's coupon policies in your coupon binder so that it is readily available on any shopping trip!

I've compiled a list of the stores local to me and a few others that I could find. If you know of more, please list them in a comment. I believe that we should be knowledgable about couponing so that we can save every single dollar that we have the opportunity to save!

HARRIS TEETER COUPON POLICY

WALMART COUPON POLICY

RITE AID COUPON POLICY *updated 08/10

CVS COUPON POLICY

WALGREENS COUPON POLICY

FOOD LION COUPON POLICY

INGLES COUPON POLICY

KROGER COUPON POLICY

LOWES FOODS COUPON POLICY

SAFEWAY COUPON POLICY

SAVE-A-LOT COUPON POLICY

TARGET COUPON POLICY

DOLLAR GENERAL COUPON POLICY*updated 04/10

FAMILY DOLLAR COUPON POLICY

I hope that you will print these and keep them with you while you shop! I've been very grateful on many occasions that I could educate a cashier about their stores coupon policy ! *winks*

P.S. If by some chance your store says that they don't take "internet" or "printed" coupons, PRINT THIS for the store's general manager and maybe they will change their mind!
WendyLittle_FrugalFabulousFinds

1 comment:

  1. What a great tip!!!! i too have gotten those cashiers (and managers) who delight in looking over every detail in hopes of finding one i can't use. I had a manager refuse my coupon (cash register wouldn't allow her to force it through) because i was going to make a penny off the deal. A PENNY! item was on sale for $1.99 and coupon was for $2 off. what about all the times they've jipped me on stuff that i don't realize till i get home (sale price didn't ring up, etc.). sorry for the rant but your post today hit home. thanks for posting the policies.

    ReplyDelete