Tuesday

Not-so Fabulous Confessions ! 1st Weekly Post

OK, so this post was not my original idea:) But, I'll add my own originality to it and make it not just comical confessions, but share some of the lessons it has taught and is teaching me. I saw a confessions list done on a site a while back and for whatever reason, it stuck in my mind. I read the posts and many were so funny! So, I decided to write my own! Well....let me just say that it's not as easy as it sounds! There were things that popped into my head that I thought, "No, I can't tell anyone that!" And that made me think even more!

I realized that if it's something I can't or don't want to openly share, why am I doing it? In my heart, I know that ultimately Christ sees and knows it all and He is the only one whose judgement matters! So, I've decided to make a weekly post with my top confessions for the week. Todays post will be the first. We're just gonna call it my accountability list! It is my hope that the more I do this, the harder it will be to come up things to write! I hope:) So, here goes my heart searching confessions for this week - a not so fabulous list! And a few that just remind me I'm human!


  • I didn't take my Christmas Tree down until January 10th. I've never waited so long...life as a working mom is taking it's toll on my quality time @ home.

  • When someone called me at 2AM and really needed a friend to listen to some problems, I was more concerned about my lack of sleep and having to get the boys up for school and me to work that morning and I did not fully give them the unconditional support and love they needed.

  • I laughed inside when I saw someone from my past and they had gained a lot of weight - like I haven't gained also! I justified it by reminding myself how they acted so superior in the past...instead of just being the better person and forgetting it. NOTE TO SELF: We are NOT in high school anymore!

  • I have avoided phone calls from people that I just didn't feel like talking to, instead of just being honest, answering and telling them I didn't have time to talk.

  • I need to visit my Grandmother in the nursing home instead of waiting for the time to open up on my schedule(never happens!).....while I still can.

  • I've spent more time on this computer than I should have in the past week :)


    And a few of my favorite scriptures I'm hoping will embed themselves into the back of my mind, so that I will pause and think more in the future! I pray for continued renewal of my heart, my mind, and mostly, my innermost motives in all that I do !

    "....but ALL things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Hebrews 4:12,13"

    "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him... II Chronicles 16:9"

    "For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hidden, that shall not be known. Whatever you have spoken in darkness, shall be heard in the light; and that which you have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12:2,3"
    WendyLittle_FrugalFabulousFindsCom

    Share
  • 2 comments:

    1. There are many times that I do not answer my phone. My husband has taught me that if it is important, they will leave a message. I didn't take my Christmas tree down until January 9th, so don't feel bad!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Followed you from your link at Mom Zone. Feel free to follow me back at

      http://myconfessionsasafirsttimemom.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete