Saturday

CAN I USE 2 COUPONS ON A 2-PACK? COUPONING 101




We are re-visiting some of our Couponing 101 Series posts on behalf of all our new readers and fans, as well as anyone who may have missed any in the past!

I decided to start with the questions that are most frequently emailed to me and posted to our facebook page by those just starting out with Coupons.

Today’s FAQ is:


“I’ve seen many products packaged together lately (example:Lysol Disinfecting Wipes) into a 2 pack. Can I use 2 Manufacturer Coupons, since there are 2 products / items ?”

Wouldn’t that be nice! But….No, in order to use 2 Manufacturer Coupons there needs to be 2 items scanned-essentially 2 barcodes that get scanned at checkout. In MOST 2 packs, there is just one main barcode, so the 2 pack is considered 1 item. **read the exception to this rule below**

I don’t THINK I’ve ever seen a multi-product package in a regular store that accepts manufacturer coupons that used more than one barcode for the 1 package-no matter how many products were included with it. **Except at BJ’s Wholesale Club which is explained HERE

I hope that I’ve explained it clearly and easily to understand for all -including those new to couponing ! It boils down to using 1 coupon per item scanned – or in the case of stores accepting manufacturer and store coupons, it would be 1 store coupon and 1 manufacturer coupon per item scanned.

If you have any questions, please let me know with a comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment