Wednesday

HOW TO SAVE ON PRINTER INK-TOP 3 LIST-READER REQUESTED TIPS


I get daily emails asking about ways to save on the cost of printing our money saving coupons. Below are 3 options that I have used and compared - your own choice will depend on just how Frugal you really are!

Option #1
**This is my preferred choice** It is the absolute cheapest option and is the Eco-Friendly choice. I purchase ink refill kits on Ebay for around $3.00, including shipping, which lasts me through 2 cartridge uses. Don't be overwhelmed by the term "kit"! All this means is a bottle of ink and a syringe that will be used to refill your current ink cartridge, along with a paper to show you where to locate the "hole" on your particular ink cartridge. Don't forget you can get CASH BACK even on Ebay Purchases using EBATES!

Refilling your ink cartridge is very easy to do, doesn't take much time and is the cheapest. I've been doing this for the past year with no problems and can't see that I will go back to paying for new or refilled cartridges at any point.

Option #2
Take your current cartridges to be refilled professionally at a store near you. Walgreens, OfficeMax and many other stores do this. Cost averages about $10 per refill, unless you catch a promotion or sale. Walgreens had a $1 refill promo not long ago, so they do happen!

Option #3
If you must buy new cartridges, buy them online utilizing a bulk supplier that will save you at least 50% of the In-Store Price. SimplyInk is a great one that I have used, and they carried my ink for $11.95 instead of the store retail of $32.95.

I also highly recommend 123Inkjets , because they Recycle & Refurbish Ink Cartridges.

If you choose this option, consider ReCycling your old cartridges. OfficeMax gives a $3 credit through MaxPerks Rewards for each cartridge you turn in. Other stores have similar programs to encourage recycling.

The biggest tip if you are a Couponer and depend on those savings is to NEVER run out of ink!

Anytime I've allowed myself to run out of ink I'm faced with the question of paying huge retail store price, so that I can print my coupons - which more than pay for the ink - or go without & wait on a refill kit or cartridge via mail.That's no fun and can be costly in itself!
WendyLittle_FrugalFabulousFinds

Save up to 76%* on Ink and Toner at Simplyink.com!


Never Miss a Deal! Subscribe to our FREE Newsletter
Many Freebies & Deals expire so quickly, we post them on Facebook - CLICK HERE to see what you've been missing!

FrugalFabulousFinds.com is a personal blog written and edited by Wendy Kohn Little. As a full time Blogger, I do selectively accept various forms of compensations such as cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions and/or products and other forms of compensation and incentives from companies and organizations. Compensation will never influence the content or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. As the owner of this blog, I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I may receive compensation for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own and will NEVER be influenced by any form of compensation.

1 comment:

  1. I save on black in by printing at 80% of true black. Thee is no really noticeable difference in how dark the print it.

    ReplyDelete