Tuesday

DUMPSTER DIVING FOR COUPONS-YES I DID-CALL ME CRAZY-SEE MY SCORE!

Yeppers....I really did it! Today I went Dumpster Diving for Coupons! Now, I'm sure some of you just cannot imagine the thought, but let me tell you, I had a blast and the excitement of what I was able to snag today will bring me HUGE scores at the stores tomorrow, so go ahead...call me crazy!

It wasn't a typical "Dumpster Dive" per say....but I did map out a plan the minute I got my own mail today. I received the $10 off $10 Coupon for JCPenney and also a "SmartMarket" Coupon Insert that featured a $1.00 off any 1 Purex Laundry Detergent and a $1.00 off any 1 Soft Scrub Product.

The $10 off $10 at JCPenney Coupons are a no brainer-all you pay is sales tax for an item $10 or less.

The $1.00 off Purex Laundry Detergent is a rare coupon and this detergent goes on sale often. This week at Rite Aid it is on BOGO FREE Sale for $5.99. 2 of the Coupons in this mailer will make that 2 Purex Laundry Detergents for just $3.99 ($1.99 each). Combine those with any Transaction Coupons such as the $3 off $15 Survey or the Video Values $1 off Transaction Coupons and I'm at my rock bottom stockpile price when split into separate transactions.

So, I knew needed more! And knowing how most people throw out what they consider "junk mail", I knew that the trash cans at the post office would be overflowing with free money for me *SMILES*

There is also nothing but "junk mail" in these trash cans, but I gloved up anyways.

So here's my score....

Total of (11) eleven of the $10 off $10 Coupons for JCPenney = that's $110 FREE Items for me, I'll just pay sales tax.

Total of (45)Forty Five Coupon Inserts with the $1 off Purex and $1 off Soft Scrub Coupons.

Yippeeee!!! I can't wait to hit the stores tomorrow!

So, have you or would you ever consider "Dumpster Diving" for High Value or Rare Coupons ?

Please share with a comment below! Inquiring minds want to know!
WendyLittle_FrugalFabulousFinds


Never Miss a Deal! Subscribe to our FREE Newsletter
Many Freebies & Deals expire so quickly, we post them on Facebook - CLICK HERE to see what you've been missing!
Free Coupon E CourseCoupon Network
JCPenney



FrugalFabulousFinds.com is a personal blog written and edited by Wendy Kohn Little. As a full time Blogger, I do selectively accept various forms of compensations such as cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions and/or products and other forms of compensation and incentives from companies and organizations. Compensation will never influence the content or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. As the owner of this blog, I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I may receive compensation for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own and will NEVER be influenced by any form of compensation.

8 comments:

  1. where did you do this dumpster diving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to do that at the post office. Never thought of that before. Yes, I would do it, but I'd want someone to go with me, I'm a weanie!! You're making me want to go to the post office tonight. Too bad it is storming with a chance of tornadoes!! At least I got my one JCP coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the post office - there are trash cans beside each area where people sort their mail and throw away what they don't want :D

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in an apartment complex and people are always throwing away their "junk mail" in the trashcans that they provide in the mail area. Therefore we are always on the look out for coupons that we need and can use.

    The one that we love is when Kohl's sends out their coupons for % off, and the $10 off $10 purchase. When the latter coupon is around, we often can find anywhere from 20-30 of those in the trashcans. I think this past summer, we outfitted my two daughters and myself for the school year for less than $40 (there were a pair of shoes and two pairs of jeans that made it so high).

    We haven't gone for the big dumpsters yet. But I'm sure we'll look at it this summer. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awh, I'd love to have gotten a JC Penny's coupon. What insert was it in. I'd go dumpster diving for high value coupons; however, the post office in my town has a lock on the trash can. :( Which is good for identity theafs but bad for couponers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lissie Echeverri4/26/11, 11:06 PM

    OMG, that is awesome. I wonder if I can get my sisters to help me. I too would be a chicken to go by myself.

    That's legal right?

    Wow, good for you. Hope you enjoy the free clothes at Penny's. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't have anywhere to go to do it, but I would if there was a place nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually stumbled into diving...I went to recycle our newspapers the other day and there were tons of inserts on top!! I grabbed as many I I could reach! They were awesome!My MIL and I share coupons! I also got a TON of box tops for school! Thinking this could be a weekly trip! :)
    I <3 COUPONING!

    ReplyDelete