Saturday

Sayings for Saturday - Things you never thought you'd say as a mother and others you can't believe you said!


I haven't posted a "Sayings for Saturday" or Quotes post in a while, so it's overdue! I LOVE quotes and sayings, which is why I love sharing my faves with you. These are just in time for Mothers Day, which is right around the corner.

A very random collection of some of my favorites...things you swore you'd never say to your own kids (like your mom said to you!) and then some of those "I can't believe I really said that" moments that make me laugh now. I hope they will do the same for you! Hopefully, I'm not the only one that has uttered some of these!

On New Clothes, Consigment and really great deals or Hand-Me-Downs
"You’ll grow into them."
"They’ll shrink when we wash them"
"Just roll up the sleeves a bit" (when they are too short but otherwise fits LOL)
"Some thick socks will make those shoes fit"

Eating
"All you have to do is scrape off the black part of the toast"

Life
"If you keep making that face, it’s going to freeze that way"
"You'll be an adult forever, what's your hurry?"
"I've been where you're trying to go"
"Money doesn’t grow on trees"
"Why? Because I said so"
"We can talk about the rules when you start paying rent"
"I am not stopping again until we get there!"
"No nipple twisting at the table" (this is for moms of boys, I have 2 boys and really remember saying this on a few occasions!)
"Do NOT use the dog as a weapon!" (again, for boys!)
"Am I talking to a brick wall?"
"Answer me when I ask you a question!"
"Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age"
"I don't care who started it, I said stop it!"
"I didn't ask who put it there, I said "Pick it up!"
"I'll treat you like an adult when you start acting like one"
"Now, come back downstairs and go back up WITHOUT stomping your feet!"

LOL...some of those I really can't believe I've said :)

You Know You're a Mother When ...
-You count the sprinkles on each kid's cupcake to make sure they're equal.
-You hide in the bathroom to be alone.
-You stop criticizing the way your mother raised you
-You use your own saliva to clean your child's face

And on a much more everlasting note...

"Making the decision to have a child-it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
--Elizabeth Stone

In Celebration of YOURSELF for the upcoming Mothers Day, here a few of my suggestions:

Enter to Win 1 of 5 $80 Skin Care Sets!I will announce winners on 04/30, here on the blog!

AND

Order your FREE 8x10 Photo Canvas
WendyLittle_FrugalFabulousFinds
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment