Monday

Monday's Money Maker Tips - Find the hidden money in your house!


Years ago when my kids were just babies, thankfully I grasped onto a very valuable lesson for keeping my household "clutter" free. That's one of the reasons I began selling items on Ebay, Amazon, Flea Markets, and also began using Consignment Shops to make some extra monthly income, while also recycling our clothing and household items.


There are so many lessons to learn about "De-cluttering" your home. I think what hit me most, at first, was the idea that the condition of your home truly reflects the condition of your life. In most cases, if your home is full of "clutter" and you can't seem to find something when you need it (because it's mixed in with all the stuff you don't need!) then most likely, your life in general has those episodes of chaos and no direction.

Nowadays, this is much more talked about then when I grabbed hold of it 15 years ago! They say most families have at least $500 sitting in their home...things they no longer need or use. That's motivation enough for me!

The rule in our house is if we don't use it within 6 monthes, it's time to either give it to someone that will or sell it and make some extra cash ! I stick to this firmly! Every couple monthes ( at least!) I go through drawers and closets. I get a laundry basket and start pulling what is no longer used or needed. Items in best condition get sold and others get donated. It's just that simple!

Biblically, as many of you know, I was also inspired to become a better steward of ALL that God has entrusted to me. For only when you prove to be faithful over the little, will God increase you to be faithful over much more!

Luke 16:10

He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.

Matthew 25:23

Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.


Think of all the families that now save money buying thier families clothing, toys and other necessities and household items from consignment shops, ebay, amazon, flea markets, yard sales & thrift stores! I'm one of those, too, of course :)

So, look around your house and you'll be amazed at what you find that will quickly turn into cash, while also helping another family to save money on needed items.

How much money do you have laying around the house? Is it time to have a yard sale or make a big donation to your local Goodwill or other community ministry or thrift shop? Or maybe it's time to test your skills with ebay! This is what started all of my money making ventures...exchanging what we didn't need anymore for things we do need and/or the $$ to get them!


Right now is the best time of year to do that "De-cluttering" and have a yard sale! The quickest way to get rid of the clutter and make some extra money!
WendyLittle_FrugalFabulousFinds

No comments:

Post a Comment